Ours2share's Blog

Hazelwood and Churchill (Victoria, Australia) local Girl Guide information noticeboard.


Remember that when planning any overnight stay, camp or expedition  your Baw Baw Region Outdoor Activities Committee is always willing to help and advise all camping queries.

Regulations controlling camping/holidays are made with a view to safe-guarding health and safety of the Guides. It is necessary for a leader to obtain appropriate camping qualifications before taking her Guides on a camp or holiday. (Refer guidelines.)

A form requesting permission to camp/holiday must be filled in by the leader and approval of Region Leader and appropriate section Leader on the Outdoor Activities Committee obtained before the camp/holiday is held.

Approval of the Guides parents or guardian must also be obtained. Special Parents Permission forms for this purpose may be downloaded from Guides Vic using your log in card.

To allow parents the opportunity to discuss with you all aspects of the camp/ holiday it is necessary to hold a parents meeting. Not only does this meeting save me later but questions raised by one parent may help another. Like any well-run meeting – informal or otherwise – it is a good idea to draw up an agenda to help you to run the meeting in orderly sequence.


May 24, 2010 - Posted by | Uncategorized


  1. […] Camping and pack holiday parents meeting […]

    Pingback by camp ‘C’ « Ours2share's Blog | May 24, 2010 | Reply

  2. […] Parents meeting for camp/overnight stay […]

    Pingback by camp ‘P’ « Ours2share's Blog | May 24, 2010 | Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: