Ours2share's Blog

Hazelwood and Churchill (Victoria, Australia) local Girl Guide information noticeboard.

? a Commitee of management

Hi there.   I am in the process of once again trying to establish a management committee for Hall.  One query has risen. As an independent committee they have to be registered as a committee with some government body.  Therefore they also have to have a constitution and ???  Where do I find out about all this?  Also attached is a copy of the Latrobe City Reserve proposal.  Not quite how sure they are placing the pathway across the front of the Hall.  But I'm not impressed with bollards being placed just there.  Leaves no adequate parking for either us, the gun club and/ emergency vehicles. The vehicle side lane effectively cuts any parking as it is currently out about 2/3rds.

February 28, 2010 Posted by | CoM, Emergency Vehicles, Hazelwood Reserve, Latrobe City Reserve proposal, Parking | Leave a comment

Whose responsible for what?

Hi Sue,  If a committee of management is appointed by DSE, they are appointed using  the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 and there is no requirement for them to  have a constitution. However we do offer our committees of management a  template if they wish to create one to help with the management  arrangements of the reserve.  Please note, you will not be responsible for putting together a committee  of management - this is something that DSE does that may involve holding a  public meeting or calling for expressions of interest through local  newspapers.  Im still yet to receive any confirmation from the Girl Guides that they  would like us to commence this process. Until then, the hall is licensed  to the Girl Guides for them to use for girl guide activities. It is not a  public hall and is not available for community use at this point in time.  Thank you for providing me with a copy of Latrobe City Council's reserve  proposal. I ask that you forward your concerns to Council for  consideration.  Regards,     susanc@speedweb.com.au  16/04/2009 04:22 PM  To Tarnia.Leeming@dse.vic.gov.au cc  Subject Hazelwood South Hall

February 28, 2010 Posted by | CoM, Constitution, Girl Guides, Hazelwood Reserve, Hazelwood South Hall, Latrobe City Council, responsibilities, Template | Leave a comment

Steps to the returing of the Hazelwood [South] Hall Lease.

Re: Hazelwood South Hall
Date:   Fri, April 17, 2009 11:31 am

The following reworded response to community interest in using the Hazelwood [South] Hall.

The DSE  would then consult with the Latrobe City Council and the community groups mentioned in the letter and determine the community requirement for the site to be made into a public hall once again.

If support is gained, the DSE will hold a public meeting to nominate and
appoint members to the Committee of management [CoM].

If support is not given, the licence will remain in place and the hall
will be available for Girl Guide use only.

Tarnia Leeming 

February 28, 2010 Posted by | CoM, Community Groups, Hazelwood South Hall, Latrobe City Council, lease, Public Meeting | Leave a comment